The Chicken Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious chicken recipes) invites you to try Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle Recipe. Enjoy our collection of quick & easy recipes and learn how to make Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle.
This pasta dish comes together quickly if one person grills chicken while another cooks the pasta and sauce. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired. If you serve wine, a chardonnay complements the creamy sauce.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 2 cups pasta and about 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese)
1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $
1 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
20 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
1 tablespoon butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided $
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (3.5-ounce) jar commercial pesto (about 1/3 cup)
3/4 cup half-and-half
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided $
4 cups halved grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until done, turning after 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces; keep warm.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in large bowl.
4. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in pesto. Gradually add remaining 1 cup milk and half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 cup cheese; stir until cheese melts.
5. Add chicken and sauce to pasta, tossing well to coat. Add tomatoes and basil; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light
More Chicken Recipes:
Nutty Fried Chicken with Milk Gravy Recipe
Pan Fried Chicken Recipe
Chicken Goujons with Chilli Dip Recipe
Chicken Tacos with Charred Tomatoes Recipe
Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo Recipe