|Photo: Chilli chicken with ginger and udon noodles|
By Catherine Hill
Serves 4 | Takes 20 minutes to make, plus marinating
Healthy, light, tasty and filling, this Asian chicken recipe will tick all the boxes
4 skinless chicken breasts
Finely grated zest of 1 lime, 1 tbsp juice, plus extra lime halves to serve
4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce (we like Blue Dragon)
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
100g mangetout, trimmed
2 x 300g packs Amoy Straight To Wok Udon Noodles
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1cm piece fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. Use a sharp knife to make a few slashes in the chicken breasts, then put them in a non-metallic bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, chilli sauce and coriander and stir well. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to medium. Place the chicken on the rack of a grill pan and grill for 15 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3 minutes and the mangetout for 2 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
4. Put the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and return to the pan. Add the hot broccoli and mangetout, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds and gently combine.
5. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls, then slice the chicken and arrange on top. Serve with extra lime halves to squeeze over.
Per serving: 506kcals, 7.9g fat (2.6g saturated), 40.5g protein, 59.7g carbs, 10.6g sugar, 2g salt
More Chicken Recipes:
Griddled chicken with lemony barley couscous
Chicken with a Parmesan & Pesto Crust
One Pot Chicken and Pesto Risotto
Chicken and Rocket Wraps with Yogurt and Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto Dressing
One-pot pancetta-wrapped chicken thighs
Spatchcocked Lemon Herb Chicken