|Photo: Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo Recipe|
The Chicken Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious chicken recipes) invites you to try Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy chicken recipes and learn how to make Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo.
Sun-dried tomatoes and Romano cheese pack a flavorful punch along with the tantalizing aroma of fresh marjoram in this rustic Italian-inspired dish. Serve with sauteed fresh spinach or steamed broccolini.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Total: 30 mins
8 ounces orzo, preferably whole-wheat
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, (not oil-packed), divided
1 plum tomato, diced
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram, divided
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (1-1 1/4 pounds)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1/2 cup finely shredded Romano cheese, divided
1. Cook orzo in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
2. Meanwhile, place 1 cup water, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomato, garlic, 2 teaspoons marjoram, vinegar and 2 teaspoons oil in a blender. Blend until just a few chunks remain.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning, until golden outside and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Pour the tomato sauce into the pan and bring to a boil. Measure out 1/2 cup sauce to a small bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with the orzo, artichoke hearts and 6 tablespoons cheese. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
5. Slice the chicken. Top each portion of pasta with sliced chicken, 2 tablespoons of the reserved tomato sauce and a sprinkling of the remaining cheese and marjoram.
Calories 457, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Sodium 372 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 36 g, Potassium 546 mg. Daily Values: Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 15%, Iron 25%. Exchanges: Starch 3,Vegetable 1,Lean Meat 3,Fat 0.5.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
More Chicken Recipes:
Homemade Frozen Chicken Fingers Recipe
Grilled Chicken With Roasted Kale Recipe
Baked Chicken Nuggets with Cheddar Broccoli Rice Recipe
Aztec Chicken & Corn Soup Recipe
Arroz Con Pollo Verde Recipe
Arroz Con Pollo Recipe