The Chicken Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious chicken recipes) invites you to try Indian Chicken with Currant & Almond Pilaf Recipe. Enjoy our collection of quick & easy recipes and learn how to make Indian Chicken with Currant & Almond Pilaf.
Take time out from a busy day - or a much-needed study break - and whip up this tasty curried chicken and rice dish.
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
Olive oil spray
60ml (1/4 cup) natural yoghurt
60g (1/4 cup) tikka masala curry paste
4 (about 600g) chicken thigh cutlets (see note)
2 tsp olive oil
300g (1 1/2 cups) basmati rice
560ml (2 1/4 cups) chicken stock
2 tbs currants
2 tbs almond kernels, chopped
1/2 bunch chopped fresh coriander
1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a baking tray with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Combine the yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of curry paste in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
2. Transfer the chicken to the prepared tray. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the remaining curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the rice. Increase heat to medium. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 6 minutes to stand. Use a fork to separate the grains.
4. Stir in the currants, almonds and half the coriander. Combine the cucumber and remaining coriander in a bowl.
5. Divide pilaf and chicken among serving plates. Top with cucumber salad to serve.
Lunch box tip: Turn leftovers into lunch. Remove the bones and shred chicken. Divide chicken, rice and salad among Lebanese bread. Roll up to enclose filling.
Cook's tip: If you prefer, you can use 6 small (about 600g) chicken drumsticks instead of the thigh cutlets. Increase the cooking time to 40 minutes in step 3.
If chicken thigh cutlets are unavailable, use chicken thigh fillets.
Good Taste - March 2009, Page 51
Recipe by Cynthia Black
More Chicken Recipes:
Indian Chicken Curry with Chickpeas and Spinach
Indian Chicken Curry with Cashews
South Indian Chicken Curry
Indian Chicken Curry
Indian Chicken Burger
Indian Chicken with Raita
Save and Share Indian Chicken with Currant & Almond Pilaf Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.