|Photo: Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe|
The Chicken Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious chicken recipes) invites you to try Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy chicken recipes and learn how to make Thai Chicken Pizza.
Serve this Thai twist on pizza as is or with optional toppings, such as thinly sliced basil, cilantro, chopped peanuts and/or crushed red pepper on the side.
Servings: 6 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Total: 35 mins
20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Shopping Tip)
1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon canola oil
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
4. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
5. Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.
Shopping Tip: Look for balls of whole-wheat pizza dough, fresh or frozen, at your supermarket. Choose a brand without hydrogenated oils.
Calories 355, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Sodium 447 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g, Potassium 151 mg. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 45%. Exchanges: Starch 3,High-Fat Meat 2.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
More Chicken Recipes:
Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo Recipe
Homemade Frozen Chicken Fingers Recipe
Grilled Chicken With Roasted Kale Recipe
Baked Chicken Nuggets with Cheddar Broccoli Rice Recipe
Aztec Chicken & Corn Soup Recipe
Arroz Con Pollo Verde Recipe