|Photo: Poached Chicken with Spring Vegetable Salad Recipe|
An ideal lunch for summer, poaching the chicken and vegetables makes this dish a very healthy choice.
- 1 Bannockburn Free Range Chicken
- Selection of seasonal vegetables, such as baby carrots, fresh peas, broad beans, baby fennel all cooked individually in boiling salted water and refreshed in cold water then drained.
- 5 litres of chicken stock
For the vinaigrette
- 200 ml chicken stock, reduced to 60ml
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the mustard, salt, ground pepper, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and warm reduced stock into a bowl and mix well. Gradually add the olive oil whisking continuously until all the oil is added.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer and add the chicken. Cover with a lid and gently cook for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the liquid.
- Once the chicken is warm, cut it into 8 pieces and place the pieces into a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables, herbs and vinaigrette. Mix well and let the salad stand for half an hour for all the flavors to combine together, before serving onto individual plates.
More Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Tandoori Roll
Mexican Chicken & Bean Pizza
Zesty Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken
Chicken Bolognese with Organic Tomato Pesto